Google compute thing to move data from ACD to Google. Watch me learn...

edited March 21 in Tutorials
First sign up for a account with a 300 dollar credit here:

https://console.cloud.google.com/freetrial?pli=1&page=0

Once that is done you need to create a new project.

Name it whatever. It will take a little bit for it to create the project.

Hopefully the activate google shell option will be available in the upper right.

If it is it should give you something like this:

So I am just going to try and one shot the install of rclone here.

curl -O http://downloads.rclone.org/rclone-current-linux-amd64.zip && unzip rclone-current-linux-amd64.zip && cd rclone-*-linux-amd64 && sudo cp rclone /usr/bin/ && sudo chown root:root /usr/bin/rclone && sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/rclone && sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/share/man/man1 && sudo cp rclone.1 /usr/local/share/man/man1/ && sudo mandb

That should all be on the same line. And it appears to have worked.

rclone -V
2017/03/21 02:52:27 NOTICE: Config file "/home/*****/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" not found - using defaults
rclone v1.36
Bingo. rclone is installed.

So now time to teach rclone how to access our google and ACD accounts.
rclone config
Then you are asked what you want it to do. Select n for new remote.

Give it a name.

Select the type of connection. I will pick ACD and enter a 1

Leave blank and hit enter when asked for client ID, same for secret.

You are on a headless machine, select NO.

Here is the kicker, you need to install rclone on a machine with a browser. Then you run rclone authorize "amazon cloud drive" and then you log into amazon and it gives you a code you enter back into the console.

.Once that is done you just need to repeat it for Google with rclone config again.

So at this point I am going to assume you have set up separate accounts for both google and amazon using rclone config.

So the basic gist with rclone is you have a source and destination with some options tossed in.
rclone copy -v amazon: google:
So with "rclone" we are saying to run rclone, and "copy" is to just transfer over on the source that doesn't exist on the destination. "-v" is verbose so we can see the status of our uploads. "amazon:" is our source and "google:" is our destination.

Instead of copy there is also sync and that will mirror the source to the destination. WARNING... This is destructive. It will delete files. use wisely.

And you can also use paths. For example I ran this command tonight.
rclone copy -v /home/main/rtorrent/downloads/TV/"The Simpsons" google:plex/TVarchive/"The Simpsons"